Dr. Kurshuk has been practicing orthodontics in various settings since 2011. He graduated from Indiana University School of Dentistry with Highest Distinction and has completed specialized post-graduate education in orthodontics. For his academic achievements, he was awarded an advanced degree of Master of Science in Dentistry. During the course of his dental education, Dr. Kurshuk participated and presented his research at numerous national and international scientific meetings. As a part of the post-graduate curriculum, our orthodontist was educated in treating TMJ disorders as well as utilizing braces, Invisalign and dentofacial orthopedics to correct dental and jaw mislalignment.
Dr. Kurshuk is certified by the American Board of Orthodontists and is duly licensed as an orthodontic specialist in the states of Michigan and Indiana. He is also an active member in many leading dental and orthodontic organizations, including the:
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon (National Dental Honor Society)
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Dental Association
- Michigan Association of Orthodontists
- Vacationland District Dental Society
- Student Competition for Advancing Dental Research and its Application
- Indiana University Alumni Association of Orthodontists
Dr. Kurshuk was born in an Eastern European country, the Republic of Belarus, where he received his Bachelor and Master of Arts degrees in Teaching and Linguistics. His wife, Shafer Kurshuk, MD, is a physician specializing in neurology. Sasha and Shafer have two young children and an adopted dog named Roxie. When he’s not in the office, Dr. Kurshuk enjoys outdoor activities, such as fishing, hiking, camping and skiing, as well as reading and perfecting his orthodontic knowledge and skills.