May 1st – May 28th 2020: State of Emergency extended, limiting dental practices to most urgent and emergency procedures. Our offices reviews treatment charts for every cancelled patient. We will reach out to you if our notes indicate that an urgent appointment or photos are necessary to assess your progress and prevent potential harm. Stay well and don’t hesitate to contact us – we are here for you!
March 16th – April 30th 2020: temporary office closure due to Governor’s order
Following the Governor’s order and to reduce the spread of COVID-19 virus, our office will be closed for all non-emergency operations. We will be monitoring all of our patients’ treatment charts and will reach out to those patients whose active appliances need urgent care to prevent emergencies. If you have questions or an urgent orthodontic problem, please visit our Facebook page on the best practices for contacting us. We will start calling our patients to reschedule as soon as the Governor announces that dental practices can reopen. Thank you for the understanding and stay well!
March 16th 2020: COVID-19
Dr. Kurshuk and our Staff at Tip of the Mitt Orthodontics are committed to keeping our patients and staff safe through preventative measures. In our effort to protect our clients as well as the employees from the spread of COVID-19 virus, we are implementing the following temporary office procedures:
1. We request that you call our office to reschedule any of your non-emergency orthodontic appointments should you experience any flu/cold-like symptoms, including fever and cough as well as difficulty breathing. We will ask anyone arriving with cough and flu symptoms to leave the office and to reschedule their appointment.
2. Office visits will be limited only to those who have a scheduled appointment and one parent/guardian whose presence may be necessary for a successful appointment (providing assistance for a disabled patient, translator, parents of patients 8 years old or younger, etc.). Please, do not bring siblings, friends, relatives, etc. to the appointments. Parents, please consider staying in your car while we are providing orthodontic care to your child.
3. Consider making your payments for orthodontic care online, on the phone or via a mail service to avoid office visits.
For your safety, we are implementing and continuing to use the following in-office procedures to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spread:
1. Sterilization of all critical and heat-stable non-critical orthodontic instruments
2. Disinfection of all clinical surfaces with the disinfectants recommended by OSHA
3. Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, like doorknobs, keyboards, light switches, etc.
4. Continuing use of medical-grade “Surgically Clean Air” air purifiers which kill airborne viruses, to help reduce the spread of illness
As of this moment, we will maintain our regular office days and hours. As the situation evolves, we will update you on any potential interruptions in our services. Please monitor our Facebook page to receive current updates.
Tip of the Mitt Orthodontics Team
January 2019: Our team is excited to announce that we are starting the year with donating a free orthodontic treatment service to another wonderful patient and member of Harbor Light Community Chapel!
December 2018: Tip of the Mitt Orthodontics is proud to continue its support of various outstanding organizations, including Little Traverse Bay Humane Society, Tip of the Mitt Watershed Council, Women’s Resource Center of Northern Michigan, Petoskey and Grayling Schools and their athletic programs, Grayling Youth Booster Club, Grayling Rotary Club, Indiana University School of Dentistry, Indiana University Orthodontic Department.
October 2018: Dr. Kurshuk participates in numerous continuing education courses this year, including the McLaughlin program. The McLaughlin program is a 2 year course that covers clinical treatment, diagnostics, treatment planning, lab procedures, practice management and orthodontic-orthognathic surgery cases.
August 2018: Our team is overjoyed to have donated more than $15,000 in free orthodontic services! We are thankful to the leaders of Harbor Light Community Chapel and AuSable Family Dental for helping us choose the qualified candidates.
August 2018: We are excited to be participating in TerraCycle’s recycling program! Now we are able to send all of our used toothbrushes to a company that recycles the plastic, and reuses it for playground equipment, soap containers and other useful items!
August 2018- We updated our Grayling office to enhance the comfort and experience of our patients and their families.
May 2018- Our Treatment Coordinator, Rachael, and our Clinical Assistant, Amy, both received their radiology certification!
April 2018: Tip of the Mitt Orthodontics organized and sponsored a continuing education course: Oral Pathology Review. Over 100 attendees from all of Northern Michigan!
2018: Tip of the Mitt Orthodontics is a proud sponsor of Grayling, Petoskey, Boyne City, and other surrounding schools and their athletic teams.
2018: Our team is very excited to announce an addition of an intraoral scanner and 3d printer to eliminate dental impressions! With the ability to take 3 dimensional scans, we can make appliances that fit better because we have an exact scan of your mouth and teeth. It is also much more comfortable and there’s no gagging!
2-2-2017: We are grateful to Little Traverse Living for interviewing Dr. Kurshuk and his family so we could share a little about Tip of the Mitt Orthodontics beginnings.
4-23-2016: Thank you, Petoskey Regional Chamber of Commerce and its Ambassadors for our official ribbon cutting ceremony and your compliments on our Petoskey location!
4-4-2016: Our Petoskey orthodontics office is open and fully operational! To take a look inside the office, please check on Google.
3-26-2016: Its a great honor for a Northern Michigan orthodontist Dr. Kurshuk and his practice Tip of the Mitt Orthodontics to become a member of Petoskey Chamber of Commerce. You can now find our listing on Petoskey Chamber’s official website.
3-19-2016: We were very excited to see an announcement of our Petoskey orthodontics practice opening in Petoskey News Review